Outsourcing Case Study: Free Your Time By Hiring Filipino Workers
This was one of my favorite case studies.
In this case study you’ll learn:
- How to tell if a programmer is good
- How to avoid bad workers
- How to train your workers
- What skills to look for when hiring
- How to free yourself from work (David’s income has tripled while working less!)
Summary of Success Story with David Solomon
- 1:00 – David’s Business: Internet Marketing for clients
- 1:40 – David’s hiring process
- 2:00 – Used ReplaceMyself.com to learn what they’ll learn
- 2:11 – Used OnlineJobs.ph to find and contact people
- 2:30 – Emailed people. Was too specific. Scared people off.
- 3:03 – Hired someone who quit to help her Aunt <--- Chances are pretty good she gave this as an excuse because she didn't think she could do the job.
- 4:20 – Chose the person who followed instructions
- 6:10 – Filipinos are often very sensitive to the embarassment problem
- 7:15 – Give detailed instructions!
- 9:00 – Be careful of who you’re hiring.
- 11:00 – They set up everything for wordpress (cpanel, uploading, template, plugins, content, settings, …)
- 11:20 – Making money on vacation through outsourcing
- 12:15 – Skills he looks for
- 13:00 – How to tell if a programmer is good
- 14:00 – How to keep someone productive
- 14:58 – Some people need more training from you than others
- 14:50 – Find what works for you! Try ReplaceMyself first. If it doesn’t work for you, try something else!
- 17:20 – Thinking through a project from beginning to end before starting
- 18:30 – Realizing that you can free yourself to do more important things
- 20:00 – Getting better work done than what you asked for
- 21:05 – DON’T SCARE AWAY POTENTIAL EMPLOYEES!
- 22:15 – Be prepared to have a lot of free time!
- 23:25 – Being the CEO of the business
- 24:15 – How I deal with giving raises
- 25:30 – Watch the exchange rate
If you have an Outsourcing Success Story, Please share it!. I want to hear about your success (and I’ll probably give you some free advice if you do).